June 5, 2010

ten fingers and a belly button

I've been reading a lot lately about what people WANT to be, don't want to be, what they want people to think they are or not...the list goes on. I'm no exception to that either. I get aggravated when that question pops up "Describe yourself with one word" because some of us can't be simplified down to one word. To even ask the question would be an insult to everything they have done in up until now.

I need to break away and do things by my self but i'm afraid. Afraid i'll get hurt, won't succeed, or open a door that I can't close again or close a door I can't open. Some people live in places that demand they be independent others live in places that demand the opposite. You aren't an individual you are one part of a whole and breaking away only leads to destruction. At least that's the idea. I guess I envy the people that live in big cities because they get lost in the ocean of their society and get to see the wonders it holds. But when you live in a small town you don't get lost. Everyone knows and if you step one foot out of norm they will use force to pull you back in.

time is such a funny thing... so are umbrellas. "My dad hates umbrellas, said Deeba, swinging her own. When it rains he always says the same thing. 'I do not believe the presence of moisture in the air is sufficient reason to overturn society's usual sensible taboo against wielding spiked clubs at eye level." quoted from Un Lun Dun. I haven't used an umbrella since.


I think we need to think differently ... instead of a picture is worth a thousand words.....a person is worth a TRILLION!!


UUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!! I want to go to one of those places where you can pay to smash stuff. that sounds SOOOOOOO good right now. There is some satisfaction in destruction!!


I have got a little ahead of my self people please forgive me and let me catch up with everything... I'm not leaving or anything but I do need to cross some things off a list. And it might take some time...but I will do it.

2 comments:

  1. you have almost a full list of 21 things... get them cked off!! :-) I totally agree about summing a person up in one word - what's the point? Because there is absolutely no way one word could describe a total package of a person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That umbrella quote gave me a giggle. The annoying thing about umbrellas is that rain rarely falls straight down- it generally has some wind behind it so it's coming at you from a sneaky angle,and the only thing the umbrella is keeping dry is your face. Plus in the rare moments i decide to carry one around, it doesn't end up raning at all! Grr.

    Very true about trying to sum up somebodies personality in one word. IMPOSSIBLE! The only word i can think of that could be used is "multifaceted", because we all are very compex little things!

    I'm totally with you on the smashing stuff up!

    ReplyDelete