November 24, 2009

Tune Tuesday


This is the first installment for Tune Tuesdays. I'm truly excited because music is something I really enjoy. Sometimes you might stumble upon a song that you like to sway to, listen in the car, sing to, dance to, or even that song that you play when you're heart broken or upset. Music is fascinating and wonderful. I hope you all who read this enjoy it; you might not like this band but enjoy the next?

Band: 22-20s

22-20’s was formed in Sleaford, Lincolnshire. Their songs fill your head with alternative beats and scorned lyrics. Sadly the band split in 2006 and was stated to be a mutual agreement. They’ve been described as having a “trademark blues rock meets adrenaline skiffle sound”. 22-20’s had their share of lime light with their music being featured in the film “RocknRolla”.


“Shoot Your Gun” is a personal favorite. When Martin sings (Oh baby) in that high pitched voice it just gives me shivers.

Listen to "Shoot Your Gun" Here

Lyrics
spin me some sad story
sell me some excuse
to help me understand the things you do
'cause the way you treat your lovers
well I just can't relate
well where'd you learn to shoot your gun so straight?

oh baby won't you cry?
show me there are some tears behind your eyes
oh baby won't you cry?
show me there's a hurt behind your eyes

once you had a reason
and once you had a place
you had it all and laid it all to waste
and I know you hate to need us
but why'd you need to hate?
and where'd you learn to shoot without restraint?

oh baby won't you cry?
you cut yourself so let me see you bleed
oh baby won't you cry?
cry for all the things you'll never be

don't you see your father?
don't you feel the love?
don't you see your brother?
don't you feel the love?
well could you be a mother
could you ever find the love?
that you would not place yourself above

oh baby won't you cry?
show me there are some tears behind your eyes
oh baby won't you cry?
why'd you have to kill to feel alive?
why'd you have to kill to feel alive?
why'd you have to kill to feel alive?


(P.s. I didn't link back to the bands official website because it just shows you that they split and won't let you go further than that.)

Feel free to comment on whether you liked the band or not. If you already have heard of them, maybe didn't like them or did.

2 comments:

  1. Loooooooving this idea! I'm excited for new music :D I always hunt around trying to accidentally stumble upon amazing bands I didn't know about before. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea! I'm always up for new music. Can't wait to see what more you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete