January 8, 2010

A Fabled Romance?? Cheese Factor Uber High



Okay so a really cool artist named Poppy did a post about what is the hot new fantasy romance and wrote one of her own. Maggie Stiefvater, author of "Shiver", did a mini video using index cards. The mini video is about how Vampire-love fans want more than just a werewolf romance, which is what her book is about. So she points out the strange and random world of Kraken love! What is a kraken you may ask...well they look like this...



Poppy wrote her own love story which you can read HERE and asked if anyone would write their own impossible love story that would make their 14 year old self blush! So I thought why not I'll take a crack at it! Then I started thinking about it, err what did my 14 year old self like.




Then it hit me like a tennis racket, ANIME! I was into anime, still am but I was obsessive back then. So I choose to write a small cheesy romance fan story about me and Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin. Le Sigh! What makes this love impossible besides the fact that HE'S NOT REAL, he lived in the Meiji era so he was dead long long long before I was born.


Uber Cheesy Romance Story
By: Stephanie
Starring: herself and Kenshin Himura


The cherry blossoms were slowing falling off the trees as the sun was barely visible over the horizon. Night was slowly upon the town. The war had been going on for a few years now; explosions, bloody screams, and clings of metal filled the night. No one went out at night... no one but those born to kill.



I'll never forget the night I met him, the sound of heavy breathing was outside my window. I slide open the door to see a collapsed body on my steps. He was wounded and his bleeding wouldn't stop. I threw his arm over my shoulder and squeezed beside him. We slowly walked inside the house where he succumbed to his exhausted and blood loss. I cleaned his wounds and gave him clean water every now and again. I kept one small candle going on the table. His defined brow and jaw stood out in the soft glow of the candle. Night passed and he barely opened his eyes. I brushed his bangs out of his face to get a better look.




He grabbed my wrist, and pulled me closer. His eyes were wild, the light of the candle added to his gaze. He wrapped his other arm around my waist and hugged me hard. He slipped his shirt off and began unwrapping his sash...




****CONTENT NOT SUITABLE FOR THE PUBLIC*****




.....our breathing was still rapid and heavy, I rolled over and laid beside him. I awoke, after dozing off, to find myself alone. Tears streamed down my face, even though I had only met him I felt a huge connection to him. I wrapped my kimono around me and went to blow out the candle, where I found the note...

Wait for me...


The End!!


hahahahaha Well when I was 14 this would have definitely got my cheeks blushing. Any who I had fun with this! Hope everyone has a great and maybe romantic weekend!!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I started smiling from the first line and yeah it is so cheesy. I loved it. LOL. You're wuite good with fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE CHEESY Romance!! Good beginning!!

    I am soo downloading Kenshin again!! Such a good anime!!

    I keep seeing Shiver EVERYWHERE!!that's neat about the video she did!

    Have a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, brilliant idea!
    And very well done too ;)
    I have to try this......

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at 'cherry blossoms', haha I love it!

    ReplyDelete