September 1, 2010

aw crap that's the break..

Tonight I got to drive a 2010 camaro SS and let me just say that I am not graceful when it comes to manual cars. I LOVE an automatic more than you will ever know. After a very short time I stopped the car and relinquished the drivers seat for the more comfortable passenger's seat! And then they gunned it and I hit my head on the head rest....fun times!


Also I would like to rage about something real quick.. there is a drug commercial that shows parents trying to talk to their kids about not doing drugs. The "dad" stands up and is about to go into how he would tell his child when the kid interrupts him to say the following "your child sees you as a form of income, they tolerate you." I think I almost dropped my tea glass. What a smug asinine thing to say. I'm sure there are some children who feel that way towards their parents but that is not the norm. Or is it? Am I wrong? I love my parents and although they are authority figures in my life they are my friends as well. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Car is awesome, not sure I would drive Automatic is way better!! That is pretty crazy about the commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! Definitely not! I mean, most of my friends (we're all 15-16) occasionally get annoyed by parents but I definitely don't see them JUST as a sign of income!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not the norm. among the people I know well, at any rate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you dears, I was just wondering if I was the only one who thought that way.

    ReplyDelete