November 14, 2010

"No matter, try again, fail again, fail better"

That is a quote from Samuel Beckett, and one I find resonates true. Perfection is merely a myth and as long as you try in life that's all that matters. I've been thinking a lot lately, not much else I can do, and I made a mental list of things I want to try and accomplish before January 1, 2011.

1. Get rid of clutter & junk
2. write down on pieces of paper things I want to leave behind in 2010 and throw away/burn them (probably will wait until new years eve for this one)
3. find and start taking a vitamin
4. buy a new complete outfit
5. update info and delete any forgotten websites I joined

Question: Is there anything that you do before New Year's Day?

3 comments:

  1. I usually like to update my blog appearance and 'about me' blurbs (although I kind of already have) and then I like to reflect on the year that has been. I like to think about all the things I achieved/should be proud of. I think about the tough times and what I've learnt in order to be a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, perfection really is a myth. I like the idea you had a of burning stuff and leaving it behind in 2010. Ehh, basically before the year ends I want to get into the habit of actually studying. Not just homework-ing, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like #2...perhaps I will try that.

    ReplyDelete