October 7, 2010

Movie Review: No one knows about Persian cats

Bahman Ghobadi directed a shocking if not inspirational film. The movie follows Ashkan and Negar as they secretly try to obtain passports and assemble the rest of their band before they flee to London. Secular, non-religious, music is banned in Iran. There is the constant unseen danger from being caught. These people who love and embrace music have to hide for fear of imprisonment. Through the film you will see real bands from metal, jazz, indie, to Rap play and amaze you! I hope that if you see this film you will watch with the knowledge that this is a very real situation. The movie is a work of slight fiction, but the story it tells is very real...

5 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. ...wow. That seems like a really, really, really good film! I think I'll definitely check that one out! I've got a friend that moved from Iran, and I knew that social networking sites were banned but I never knew about the music thing!

    ReplyDelete