April 9, 2011

Weekend Getaway Part 2

This is the second and final part of my vacation. Day two I went to Nashville, Tennessee. I didn't have as much time as I did on day one but still got to see a lot.

NASHVILLE


SHOPPING: Social Graces - Lovely print and stationary shop on the corner. You can buy your own wax stamp kit. Simply Lovely.

Pangaea - Very eclectic; purses, sheets, clothes, hardwares, books, games, jewelery, and more. I bit on the higher side though. I saw a light switch cover at BLISS(KNOXVILLE) for $4. They had the exact same ones but for $7.

BookMan/BookWoman - It's an used book store, but don't be fooled. These are rare first edition books. I'm talking $195-250 books. I felt rather uncomfortable because I didn't even want to touch the books for fear of damaging them. But they do happen to have "regular price" books you just have to find them. Which some people enjoy!

ClothingXchange: Think of this as one jump up from a Goodwill.

Retropolitan - This is such a nice interior design store. It's a retro based style but still nice. Not over the top or anything. Even if your not looking to buy furniture or decorative accents I would still recommend going in and taking a look.

Sites: Parthenon - Let me explain this. The park surrounding the parthenon is free. You can walk around, feed the ducks, "see the parthenon". BUT if you want to go in it's $6 for an adult. The only mythology related art they have is on the top floor where the Athena statue is. AND again let me be clear, you can only take photos on the top floor as well. Not that there is much to take a photo of on the first two floors. Its not even mythology related. So if you just want to see the athena statue then I would say go for it. But if you are looking for something more I wouldn't recommend paying to go in. Just sit out side and get a nice view of the building.

Lunch: Fido's - It's rather convenient because it's on the same street all those shops I mentioned are on. It has a nice selection of soups, salads, sandwiches and sides. You are looking at around $8 a plate though.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your trip sounds like it was so awesome - I'm jealous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had fun!! What an interesting name for a restaurant. There's a phone company called the same thing.

    ReplyDelete